Employment status in India - Wage Parity

Paycheck, compensation, pay, wage, minimum wage, labour, employment, workforce

India's labour force consists of 45.9 crore workers. Out of these, 43.3 crore (94%) are in the unorganized sector and the remaining 2.6 crore (6%) are in the organized sector, according to a survey conducted by NSSO.

State-wise details of labour force in organized sectors are given in the table below:

(in thousands)

S.No.

State/Union Territory

Employment in Public Sector

Employment in Private Sector

Total

 1

Assam

531.50

580.60

1112.10

 2

Andhra Pradesh

1395.80

647.00

2042.80

 3

Andaman & Nicobar

35.00

2.70

37.70

 4

Bihar

494.70

32.50

527.20

 5

Chandigarh

60.50

28.50

89.00

 6

Chhatisgarh

307.30

31.70

339.00

 7

Delhi

614.90

216.20

831.10

 8

Damman & Diu

2.00

12.50

14.50

 9

Goa

70.00

41.90

111.90

 10

Gujarat

832.10

861.40

1693.50

 11

Haryana

389.90

258.00

647.90

 12

Himachal Pradesh

258.40

58.90

317.30

 13

Jammu & Kashmir

199.60

10.50

210.10

 14

Jharkhand

891.70

150.30

1042.00

 15

Karnataka

1059.30

802.80

1862.10

 16

Kerala

614.90

524.90

1139.80

 17

Meghalaya

72.60

9.30

81.90

 18

Manipur

77.90

2.70

80.60

 19

Mizoram

40.10

1.40

41.50

 20

Maharashtra

2137.60

1403.30

3540.90

 21

Madhya Pradesh

915.30

155.70

1071.00

 22

Nagaland

68.20

4.10

72.30

 23

Orissa

659.90

90.20

750.10

 24

Punjab

520.00

253.10

773.10

 25

Rajasthan

932.80

247.70

1180.50

 26

Tripura

110.40

12.90

123.30

 27

Pondichery

40.40

17.60

58.00

 28

Tamil Nadu

1512.80

765.90

2278.70

 29

Uttar Pradesh

1650.40

437.50

2087.90

 30

Uttaranchal

224.00

37.30

261.30

 31

West Bengal

1286.40

752.40

2038.80

 

Total

18006.40

8451.50

26457.90

Public sector is the largest employment generating source giving employment to 68.06% workers, while 31.94% workers are present in the private sector.

Source: Ministry of Labour and Employment


loading...